Saturday, August 31, 2013

Keith goes long

decided to give Kimo a bath
I always notice how skinny Kimo actually is when I hose him down
still patches of light brown, but better

Then I notice Pat out with Keith
I go out to greet Keith and decide to take Keith for a walk

Keith is not a good walker and tends to pull where he wants to go
Plus the harness doesn't help for control (if you're into control)

Anyway, we made it up the street, pausing and tugging when necessary

Keith is an excitable dog, when he's not pulling or putting on the brakes (which is what Coco does), he runs in front and side to side.

So I would walk, let him run in short bursts, but stop him from going to far
I was hoping that would tire him out, but he kept going

He may have been getting tired, but he was still desperate to go home when we reached the beginning of the street.

WTH, let's just keep going.  Around Natsunoya Wall.  Up Aulii.

He was still not perfectly in control, but better.  It may have been a combination of him getting a little tired and him being in unfamiliar surroundings so he didn't know which was to go.

Down Alewa, cut through AOP and back to Kula.

Once back in familiar surrounds, Keith started pulling again.  Wanted to go see Charlie. 

Make him wait then let him scamper up the steps.

Tell Pat where I went and that I didn't let him drag me.  That's the key.

But I'm pretty sure Keith will be dragging her next time they go out :)

[posted 9/1/13]

No comments: