Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kimo breaks loose

Kimo was up early so I took him out.

He was on the steps when suddenly he exploded down the steps, but I didn't know why. So I let him out to see where he went.

Up the street he went and finally he went down Miyamoto's driveway, next to Oliver's steps. Then onto Miyamoto's house.

Reina arrived and he seemed a little anxious but didn't lose control (at least he didn't bark at her). Mochi was on the balcony and started barking at us a bit.

As I went back up the driveway, I checked. And sure enough, there was Fifi howling for me to come get her. Ann was out and I told her Fifi did well on her outing yesterday, even when the two brown dogs came running out on the street.

So took Kimo and Fifi walking on the road. After some walking, I sat by Fong's storm drain. A cat was crossing the street. Kimo finally noticed and went after the cat. To my surprise the leash came off the collar and off he went in pursuit of the cat around back of Pat's house.

I hooked Fifi to our mailbox and got the slip leash to retrieve Kimo. He went to Keith's window then under Pat's house. So under I went too, waiting for him to come back to the gate. But when he came, he slipped past me, under the gate and out.

Next destination was Ito's house. So up I went and finally got him leashed.

Took him in the back, then took Fifi home.

I was afraid I would have to get a new collar, but when I looked what happened was that the key ring holding his dog tag was pulled open. So I don't have to get a new collar after all. Found his tag on the road and wired it back to the collar ring.

And it looks like that run was enough for Kimo as he pretty much slept in the dirt in the back all morning and until now in the early afternoon.

No comments: