Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kimo and the little brown dog

The little brown dog came by again this morning while I was digging some weeds. Came pretty close, but after awhile ran back up the street.

Don't know if he's a stray, but he has no collar and isn't neutered. Always seems scared since his tail is tucked under his body.

Later he came back. Went outside on the driveway and this time he took some treats from me. Last time he wouldn't even take treats even if I left it on the ground and I was behind the fence.

Kimo came down to the fence and he went over to sniff Kimo and Kimo sniffed back. Seems attracted to Kimo.

I let Kimo out and the dog went into play mode trying to get Kimo to play with him. Eventually Kimo started running around too, though running away most of the time. That's probably the closest I've seen Kimo playing with another dog. Kimo ran across the street with the brown dog in pursuit. And I brought Kimo back home.

Went back around the house and the dog followed me. Was a little cautious but eventually went through the gate. Managed to take a few photos. And he took some kibble and later drank some water after a while.

Let the brown dog in the gate and he went up the steps and wanted to continue sniffing and playing. Eventually I blocked him so as not to stress out Kimo too much.

Went back to the back. While eating, I lightly touched him on the back and he didn't flinch. His tail is now angled up, so apparently he's no longer scared. Still not able to leash him as he seems afraid of the leash.

Eventually went inside. And he went back to the front and I could hear him whining like he wanted to go back up the steps to Kimo.

Tried to take a nap and finally I guess he went back home or wherever he stays.

No comments: