Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Shirley on the loose

This morning I take Kimo in the front, but he doesn't want to walk and wants to go up the steps. I make him go up the street and he poops at Tsutsui's strip.

Later I go to put away the trash cans and I see Mrs. Tsutsui out on the steps bringing in Hershey. She sees me. OK, go to walk Hershey.

Take him up the street. Fifi sees us coming back and goes up the steps. OK, retrieve her too. Ann sees me and says her schedule is changing and she'll be able to join our walks.

Kimo watches us walk and stays on the landing.

***

In the afternoon...

As usual, Keith runs down the steps and runs back and forth excitedly at the end of the flexi-leash. Can't really blame Kimo too much for reacting and running down to the landing to the railing and barking at him.

However he seems to calm down a little more quickly now when I go down to grab his leash or block him back from the railing with my legs as Keith goes running back up the sidewalk.

With Keith going up the street, I took Kimo out the other way. He pooped and made his way slowly up in front of Pat's house.

Then later more barking. It was Malia with Katarina and Petey. I come out and have Kimo go up the steps and sit by me.

Then I see Shirley loose up the street. I go up to get her but she runs over to Sanford's house who's outside sweeping.

Then she comes down and comes to me when I call her. I put on my slip leash and take her down the street. Keith and Kimo bark. I pause by my driveway, wait for Kimo's barking to subside, and slowly bring Shirley a little closer. But not too close. And I go up the street.

Shirley periodically pauses as she's probably wondering who's bringing her away from home. I wait until she stops going the "wrong" way and continue on.

I finally catch up to Malia coming back and walk back with her. She walks pretty well next to the carriage. But Petey is kind of zig zagging at the end of his leash.

Kimo and Keith still bark as we come back.

At the end, Petey comes to me and I pet him. Or at least rub his chest. Malia says he's already ten.

No comments: