Wednesday, December 22, 2010

the latest bite

I went to put on some bacitracin ointment on Kimo's wart (or whatever it is -- it's a little growth on his nose which became bigger and bigger). I've done it before, but more like a quick dab from the side. This time I wanted to apply it more evenly.

At first he wanted to lick the ointment off my finger. Then my approach (sort of from the front I think) must have put him over the threshold and he went wild and bit my hand.

After a few seconds, Kimo came to his senses. I looked at my hand and surprisingly and fortunately, the wounds weren't too deep. Little more than breaking the skin. I wound up rinsing it and putting the ointment on my hand. Then I let Kimo lick it.

Stubborn that I am, I didn't give up. I had Kimo lie down. Placed one hand on his neck in case he wanted to get up and applied the ointment. Success (?)

[12/22/10, posted 12/23]

The next morning (today as I write this), I looked and the wart had fallen off his snout. I don't know whether the ointment helped or not. But I'm happy to see it gone.

No comments: