Friday, May 14, 2010

ouch, my finger

In the afternoon, I was surprised to see Kimo lying down as Pat was taking out Keith. Usually he charges down the landing while Keith is going wild at the end of his leash.

This time I saw Pat keeping Keith close by her side (instead of letting him lead the way on the long leash as she usually does). Maybe she was watching Dog Whisperer today [Friday].

I went out to keep Kimo in check in case he acted up on their way back.

I think I kneeled next to him but wasn't watching him. Suddenly he went wild and I felt him biting my hand. Not sure what triggered him (I think he just forgets somebody is next to him, then suddenly senses somebody next to him and gets threatened and reacts without thinking). I grabbed his scruff and held him until he calmed down. Took a number of seconds as he was fighting to get loose.

Then I looked down and saw my blood on his fur. He had bitten the side of my index finger. I took him down to the driveway and hosed off the blood.

Then took him up the street as Keith and Pat were still out. Went up by Tanabe's house. StevenC had come home as was retrieving the recycle bin from the Hayashida house (Au now). I meekly waved but he ignored me. I guess they're both not friendly to me now. (Or maybe they think I'm not friendly to them.)

Waiting for Keith to come back. As we were waiting, the cat comes to visit us. But I kind of limited their interaction this time.

After Keith went home, I went up the street. Banzai was being taken out by father and daughter (I think that's his daughter). They continued on, but we turned around at the beginning of the street.

On the way back, Kimo hears Miki barking. I think it was Miki because Kimo started acting up. I had him sit down with his back to the barking.

Then go home and wipe up the blood drop stains on steps and garage floor.

Another day in the life of Kimo..

[Fri 5/14, posted 5/15]

No comments: