Friday, June 20, 2008

not yet

Kimo's not there yet. Today Koa was loose and the dogs (Keith, Kimo, Hershey) were barking. But Kimo's barking wasn't so frantic this time.

I decided to let him out and try to trail and possibly interact with Koa. But no dice, Koa went to the side of Chung's house or something and Kimo went off to Fong's yard, then to doodoo at Hayashida.

Koa then reappeared and ran down the road toward home. I let Kimo loose, but instead of chasing Koa he went to Keith's window (on Ito's side) and went wild. I pulled him back and tried to calm him (over and over). I even made him lie down for a while. He seemed to be a little better, so I took him back to the Ito driveway and tried to get him to walk calmly to Keith's house. I started to make slow progress (it was hot and he was panting - so maybe he was just tiring out), but then I went to retrieve the napkin of poo I left on the stonewall (I had forgotten to bring a bag and I was tired of carrying the napkin) and he bolted and went wild. I tried to go around in front and kneeled down in front of him to block him as he was in a frenzied state. This was a dangerous move, but after all, he hadn't bit me today. Well, he did. It wasn't too bad since it was through my sweatshirt, but still.

OK, try again. I walked in short sections taking his tail position as a cue. Maybe the bite seemed to calm him down and I made it down the sidewalk without Kimo looking or Keith barking. Well, I guess it ended successfully. But I don't know if I'm making better or worse. Hopefully better, as long as I end on a good note.

No comments: